Auto Update Engine for OESIS Framework Libraries
The OESIS Auto Update Engine applies frequent updates provided by OPSWAT's OESIS technology to OESIS customers. This allows administrators to maintain versions of OESIS-powered solutions and OESIS Framework versions separately. The Auto Update Engine distributes new OESIS signatures across all endpoints as soon as they are available, preventing end customers from being denied access due to missing OESIS signatures.
Engine Deployment Options
- Cloud Deployment - Available via REST API or through private deployments in your own cloud infrastructure.
- Inside Your Appliance - Available as an appliance inside your existing NAC server and feeds OESIS updates to your NAC Client.
- Outside Your Appliance - Available as an outside appliance feeding updates to your existing NAC Client.
- Offline Deployment - Supports isolated and air-gapped networks with an easy update mechanism for both anti-malware engines and security applications.
- Online Deployment - Supported with auto-updating enabled for all anti-malware engines and security applications.
For secure and air-gapped networks, automatic updates are distributed via a secure package update provided by the Metadefender Core server, enabling this technology to also work in offline environments with tighter security requirements.
Using the Auto Update Engine with OESIS
The Auto Update Engine can be licensed by existing OESIS customers as a custom engine in Metadefender Core versions 4.4 and later. Once it is licensed, customers can enable or disable the engine through the Metadefender Core Management Console (shown below) and add it to any Metadefender Core package that has been purchased.
Click image to enlarge view of Metadefender Core Management Console
The Auto Update Engine is only available for current OESIS customers. If you would like to learn more about OESIS, please download our OESIS Endpoint Assessment Tool to see the capabilities of the various OESIS modules.